SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 and nt4.0 connectivity problem

Has any one encountered anything like this, or have a solution? I am running a script from a Pc configured with 2000 pro on it. I am connecting to another PC with nt4.0 on it. If I try to do simple actions like Taskbar.SetActive(), silk gives me an error saying that the SetActive function is not defined for Taskbar. I am running 5.03 patch 2 on both machines and have checked both winclass.inc files to verify that Taskbar was declared for msw2000 and mswnt40. Thanks in advance for any help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2000 and nt4.0 connectivity problem

Should work. Have you condsidered trying Taskbar.SetFocus()? Try setting the Window itself active.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that my first post was a bit inaccurate. I am trying to set the Taskbar active using Taskbar.SetActive(). I can get other functions to work. However, the same senario can be set using a 98 box. If I launch the script from a 98 or 2000 pro box, connect to the nt40 box and then try to set the Taskbar active, I get "ERROR: Function SetActive is not defined for window Taskbar". I am able to GetGuiType, so I know that Silk is recognizing the platform that it is manipulating.

DJGray,As far as Setting Focus, this is not a function that is defined for the classes of Taskbar or anywin, so there is no way to use this unless I write a SetFocus() function and Extend either Taskbar class or anywin class. I was hoping for another avenue in case I run into other functions like this. I have just started to try this cross platform thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a known bug with Silktest. I logged a call on it a while back. They confirmed that it was a bug, but it sounds like they don't plan on fixing it.