User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

verify statictext with \'/\'

Hi, all

I am trying to verify the statictext which includes "/" tag in a java application. The verify failed everytime. The verify system recognize the '/' as '?' or '/' alternatively.

Did anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: verify statictext with \'/\'

I think that what you're looking for is a way to tell Silk that the '/' is really a '/' character and not whatever it is that Silk interprets a '/' to be. For example, in a STRING value if you really want a double-quote as part of the string itself you use 2 consecutive double-quotes. Unfortunately, I have not found a way to do this in regard to the slash.

I run into this big-time in regard to treeview items because my treeview items actually contain slashes but SilkTest interprets a slash as a delimiter between branches. So if you find a solution for the slash character please let me know.

If you provide more details I might be able to help you solve this particular problem. Windows dec content for the control (class, identifier, and tag value), a sample valid value, and the code you're trying to use.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: verify statictext with \'/\'

You can replace the "/" character using the StrTran() function with <#Divide> and SilkTest should recognize the character every time.

See Key names in SilkTest Help for more information.

Mike

------------------