SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible to change options for one object?

Hello everyone,

I have an interesting problem, our application (web stuff on IE5.5, Silk 5.3.2) has a number of the extension options set so that we can see the objects on all windows. We have the HTML Forms option set so that we can see all objects in most pages. However, on one page we can not see two buttons with the HTML forms option set to true. If we set that option to false we can see these buttons.
    What I am wondering is if it is possible to create a class that will turn off this option for this one page. Ideally this would happen at a high enough level that when we are scripting there would be no noticeable change.
    A quick scenario example:
    The user enter the page, needs to click on 'Next' button and is carried to another page. However, the 'Next' button can only be found if the HTML form option is set to false. On all other pages the option must be set to true.

I hope that makes some sense. Any ideas would be fantastic.

Thanks for your time.

-T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Possible to change options for one object?

a class constructor is definitely the one you're looking for and from what i know silktest does not have this (for now, i heard that in version 6 4Test will be a fully OO language).

the good news is you can imitate a class constructor function in 4Test. this is how i do it.

<pre>
    []window window1
    []tag fConstructor()
    []string fConstructor()
    // set your options here.
    []return "the right tag for window 1"

[]window window2
    []tag fConstructor()
    []string fConstructor()
    // set your options here.
    []return "the right tag for window 2"
    </pre>

but this is not all, for the constructor to be executed you need to call at least window.exists(). you may argue that this is nothing special and still needs a function call. well, you're right but this is somehow transparent because most of the times we always call window.exists() before doing anything else, right?

[This message has been edited by kalabog (edited 03-19-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Possible to change options for one object?

Kalabog, thanks so much for that answer. This is a cunning solution, we found a solution that will hold us over until the UI changes. I think I may give this a try on my own as this looks very interesting.
    Thanks again!

-T