Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Browser.WaitForReady() slowing down the script

I have OPT_VERIFY_APPREADY disabled.

I run a script which clicks on a link and
    downlads the target file. It takes 5 seconds to finish download.

After the 5 second download, the "file d/l" dialogs are gone and the web page is at the front again.
    The web page has completed loadiing.

But yet, the script hangs for more than 30 seconds . Browser.WaitForReady().

The testcase passes , but I'm trying to figure out:

why is this not returning success sooner?

I have OPT_VERIFY_APPREADY disabled.
    where is it getting this wait timeout from?

i tried Browser.WaitForReady(20) , but it fails with "Application not ready".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Browser.WaitForReady() slowing down the script

I am not clear here. Do you use WaitForReady()????

If so why is that. You can use BrowserPage.isActive(), because a window is active when it is focused and any window opened from the main browser is called a DialogBox(child browser) in silk, so BrowserPage is always referencing the main browser.

One think did you debug your code? is the test waiting for you to finish downloading before going to the next line of script or otherwise?

Hope that works.

[This message has been edited by GodKnows (edited 03-16-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't call WaitForReady() in my script.

When I debug, it is being called at the end of the testcase after last line of my code has been executed.(I'm using appstate none)

I think it was a default testcase exit function in browser.inc - that's the one invoking WaitForReady().

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not aware of any problems with WaitForReady - the problem you describe does not occur for me. You might want to look into if it really is your app that is not sending the "I'm ready" signal for awhile.

Anyway, you are correct in that the default TestCaseExit does in fact do a Browser.WaitForReady (). You can override it as follows:
    1. Open Defaults.inc in your SilkTest install folder.
    2. Copy the DefaultTestCaseExit function from Defaults.inc into a file that's part of your frame file for your app. If your frame file has a "Recovery system" or similar section then that's where this goes.
    3. In your file, take the "Default" prefix off the function name so now it's named just TestCaseExit.
    4. Within the function, comment out the WaitForReady line.

Now SilkTest will automatically use your function named TestCaseExit instead of the one delivered with SilkTest that's named DefaultTestCaseExit. This is SilkTest's functionality to allow you to override the Default* functions delivered with SilkTest.

------------------