SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk fails after clicking on javascript popup window ok button

Setup: Windows 2000, Silk 5.0.3.1 and IE 5.

I've got a web page containing a form. Javascript is used to check the form data when the submit button is clicked. If the data contains an error the script causes a dialog to be displayed showing the invalid characters. If I write a Silk script to enter some invalid data and check the dialog box the script hangs after I've clicked on the dialog OK button. Silk exits the testcase but hangs during setting the DefaultBaseState for the next test. Has anyone else seen this problem?

If I close the browser and start it again before the end of the testcase I can run several testcases back to back. Does anyone know if such a problem has been fixed in 5.0.3.2?

I've also seen a problem where I call Browser.LoadPage() and the page I'm loading uses flash. If the browser does not have the flash player the control is downloaded but I'm unable to interact with the security dialog. Has anyone seen this also?

Regards,

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk fails after clicking on javascript popup window ok button

I am using the latest version of silk(5.0.3.2).

1)did you try to use Record|Window Declarations? It tells you quiet a few usefull informations(caption,parent..).

2)try to use TypeKeys(). You know that the security window is at the topest window and active. You can use for example enter to accept the request or other key to reject the resquest.

Try to grab any popup window's caption so you can reference to the new window. if you wanted really a good hold of the window's controls.

Good Luck