SPONSORS:






User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Recording Windows taskbar Start / Run

    I am recording a script which clicks on the Windows Start Button and then Run.
    Silk seems to be having problems.
    All it generates is :

    [-] recording
    [ ] // WARNING: MenuSelect (151, 675, "#10") not recorded - unable to find target window
    [ ] Taskbar.SetActive ()

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Westborough, mA, USa
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Recording Windows taskbar Start / Run

    Hi Raul

    I have had this problem and I think Silk is confused when u try to access something on the taskbar when you have a lot of Windows open. Probably u can try doing those by keeping the other windows except Silk closed/minimized.

    Hope this helps

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Recording Windows taskbar Start / Run

    Here's a copy of the BOOLEAN RunProgramUsingStartMenu(string sProgramPath, boolean bStopTrying optional) function I use in projects, it works 99% of the time (the other 1% is SilkTest Agent not being able to set the taskbar active)

    See attached zipfile to get the runprogram.inc and demo runprogram.t file.


    [This message has been edited by styler (edited 03-12-2001).]

    [This message has been edited by styler (edited 03-12-2001).]
    Steven Tyler
    Manager - Performance Engineering

    Kronos Incorporated
    tel: +1 978 947 4219

  4. #4
    Guest

    Re: Recording Windows taskbar Start / Run

    This is not an issue with the number of open windows. Silk is unable to recognize the contents of the Start menu. The following is an excerpt from SilkTest Help:

    The TaskbarWin class defines one object, the PushButton Start, which is the Start button on the taskbar. You can select items from the Start menu, but only by using an index value (the text of the items on the Start menu is not available to SilkTest). For example, the following statement selects the fifth item on the Start menu:

    Taskbar.Start.PopupSelect (10, 10, "#5")

    However, because each machine is likely to have a different Start menu and because each machine's Start menu can change at any time, accessing the Start menu this way is likely to be reliable only on one machine and only for a short time.

    -----

    Why not use the Start() method to pass the command line parameter to launch your application?

    ------------------
    Tony Mrozinski
    Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer
    Home Networking Operations
    Intel Corporation

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    San Diego, CA USA
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Recording Windows taskbar Start / Run

    Hmm... I develop my Silk code on Windows NT4/SP5 and NT4/SP6a Workstation and haven't done much with other OS's (yet!), in case that matters. I have a window dec for the Run dialogbox. Its Invoke method uses the hotkey "R" and looks like this:

    Taskbar.SetActive ()
    Taskbar.Start.Click ()
    Taskbar.Start.TypeKeys ("R")
    this.SetActive ()

    So far I have not had any problems with this approach.


  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Recording Windows taskbar Start / Run

    Folks:

    pcostigan is correct. I used these code before, and I had no problem(in NT/WIN2k).
    Just don't stick the 'Start' part.


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.9 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Questions / Answers Form provided by vBAnswers (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBNominatevBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Username Changing provided by Username Change (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
BetaSoft Inc.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Copyright BetaSoft Inc.