SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding lsPropertyNames to BrowserChild disables Verify Properties

I have a BrowserChild window declaration for which I wrote a custom Property. It looks something like:

const wMainWindow = ABC
    window BrowserChild BCA
    ___winodw BrowserChild BCA1
    ______window BrowserChild BCA2
    __________property CompanyName
    __________ ...

The property worked fine when accessed through a testcase.

I then wished to make this property appear in the SilkTest verify window (Ctrl-Alt) during the recording process, so I added the follwoing to my include file (as instructed in SilkTestUser Guide under "Defining New verification properties")

__winodw BrowserChild BCA1
    ____window BrowserChild BCA2
    _______property CompanyName
    _______ ...
    _______LIST OF STRING lsPropertyNames = {...}
    CompanyName

After adding the lsPropertyNames attribute, when I went to record a testcase and bring up the Verify Window via Ctrl-Alt, Silk gave the error message "Unable to Get Window Properties".

I tried changing the lsPropertyNames to a new syntax - LIST OF STRING lsPropertyNames = {"CompanyName"}

This allowed the ctrl-alt to bring up the "Capturing Properties" box - indefinetely (i.e. HANG).

Has anyone run into and solved this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
    Joe V.

(PS I'm using Silk 5.0.3.2 w/Dom on IE 5.0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Adding lsPropertyNames to BrowserChild disables Verify Properties

Hi Joe,

From what you have written, it looks as though you wrote the custom property for an instance of the BrowserChild class rather than for the BrowserChild class itself. This is fine if you only want to write some code to access the property rather than using the recorder. As far as I am aware in order to get access to the custom property through the Recorder, it has to be defined for the (BrowserChild) class.

I hope that this helps.

John.

------------------

John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com
    John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Adding lsPropertyNames to BrowserChild disables Verify Properties

You might be right - in the User documentation under "Defining new verification properties", under step 2, it states that the items specified can be:
    - class properties, defined using "property" statement
    - variables of class or individual object

So it would seem if I add a variable to the individual object and populate it with a method before the Verify window is brought up, the variable should be included in my "Capture properties" box.

In order to try this, I'm not quite sure how to ensure the method is called during the record process before the verification box is invoked.