User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Java Security dialog halting Silk scripts for Navigator

Hello,

I'm having a problem with this Java security dialog popping up during a script playback. I've attached a screen capture of this dialog.

Basically, I don't want this window to open. There doesn't seem to be a setting in preferences or security info within Navigator to turn these on or off.

Has anyone had a problem of this nature?

I'm testing on NT/Navigator 4.08/Silk5031.

Thank you,

George Eliopoulos
    geliopou@opentext.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Java Security dialog halting Silk scripts for Navigator

I've had exactly that problem with both NS and IE. I didn't initially and don't know what started it. I don't like the fact that Segue wants an "In" and I'm sure our security department won't either.
    But once I checked "Remeber..." and clicked "Grant" I can see the JAVA boxes fine in both browsers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jake,

I can't seem to get this security box to open on demand. It opens when it comes to a specific step in a simple test case I wrote. Once it gets there Silk & Navigator freeze and I can't check the checkbox and push "grant". My solution at that point is end the Navigator process in Task Manager.

If I could get that dialog box open I would then record a declaration in Silk and write steps in the test case to check for the dialog and click on appropriate objects to dismiss it.

Thanks for your post,

George

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had those same symptoms and more including Agent communication errors and the locked up browser that had to be killed with the task manager.
    What I did was run my script to the point that the security box was invoked. Then manually clicked "Grant" past the Java Security boxes, including a "Remember this decision" checkbox. Then try your script again to that point and, because you selected "Remember" is doesn't ask for permission from any future Segue certificates and you can continue coding your script without the Java Security box.
    I know it's cheating but it's the only work around I could come up with...
    And I still get seemingly random occurrences of the security box, sometimes even when I'm not using Silk, just a browser on it's own...

rg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the SilkTest Program Group, under "Other tools", there is a certificate install. That will install the certificate for Netscape. Do check the "Remember this decision" checkbox.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem has been solved!

There is an htm file in the JavaEx directory of the Silk install folder which instructs you to install and grant permissions for 6 certificates. Once this is done you no longer encounter those Java Security dialogs for Silk and Navigator.

Thank you to all who posted suggestions!

-George