SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone doing remote testing?

Hi I would think that most folks are using one machine as a test controller and several other host machines to execute their tests if they want to test a variety of platforms or perhaps get some stress or concurrency testing going. I have searched the archives with little luck.

Basically, I'm running web tests against different platforms(win95/98/ME/nt4/2000) with different versions of IE( 4.0sp2/5.0.1/5.5)

Does anyone know why I am getting problems with the Agent thinking the browser is not launching? The agent call stops on "Browser.Exists(60)" and then reports an error saying could not start internet explorer 4.0 or 5.0 whichever it may happen to be.

This in particular happens against ie4.0sp2 on win95 and ie5.5 on winME.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

------------------
    Dave
    QA Engineer
    CareBid.com
    Dave
    QA Engineer
    CareBid.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Anyone doing remote testing?

What Version of SilkTest are You using?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried both 5.0.3.1 on win95/98/ME/2000 and 5.0.3.2 on NT4.0sp6

the browser issue occurs from all of these.

Dave

Dave
    QA Engineer
    CareBid.com

If you are binding your Silk Agents to NetBIOS instead of TCP/IP, that may explain your problem. Due to the nature of the product that we are testing, we must bind our Silk Agents to NetBIOS. However, we have been unable to get Silk 5.0.3.x to work with IE browsers under Win98 Gold and Win98 SE.

We've also been unable to get Silk to work reliably under WinME, or with IE 5.5. We continue to use Silk 5.0.2 in our production test lab as it reliably supports testing under Win95 and Win98 Gold and SE.

------------------
    Tony Mrozinski
    Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer
    Home Networking Operations
    Intel Corporation