SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to handle nested browser children w/identical tags

I have a Web application which uses frames.
    It turns out that for all pages in the Web app, the frames for the first 3 BrowserChildren have exactly the same tags, regardless of the Web app page that you're on.

I would like to be able to arrange the declarations file so that I can rename one of the first 3 frames to reflect a particular page, record the objects for the page, and place the declarations for that page in a separate treepath of the declarations file (standard client server declarations file creation).

Here's the catch - I would like SilkTest to be able to record using the appropriate treepath on subseqent recording sessions.

Since the tags for each of the 3 browser children are always the same, silktest always traverses the treepath for the 1st declaration. Can SilkTest be made to traverse the appropriate page declarations while still preserving a pure record/playback mechanism (e.g. so manual testers don't need to write 4Test ?).

Thanks in advance,
    Joe V.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to handle nested browser children w/identical tags

I have run into this type of situation many times, without having solved the problem according to your stated record/playback requirement. What I would do as a QnD solution is to comment out 2 of the 3 BrowserChildren leaving the one you wish to record against. You may need to create separate edited include files for your manual testers. Of course you would maintain the 'full' include file for test execution.