SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JAVA Windows - Netscape vs IE

I'm testing an app that calls a browser that invokes a JAVA window.
    Once I got past the cross platform invocation issues, I found that Silk can read the Netscape generated JAVA window fine, but cannot see the same JAVA window if it has been invoked by IE.
    Then my agent started to crap out.
    After some reading I've done around here, I'm looking into the use of the SWING library but I don't think that would prevent Silks seeing into only IE generated JAVA windows. I have the .jar files (silktest_java1.jar, silktest_java2.jar) in my CLASSPATH.
    Any other ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JAVA Windows - Netscape vs IE

Well, first, you should only need ONE of the silktest .jar files in your classpath. Only use the one that corresponds to the JDK version your AUT is using.

Then, you should also make sure that when you are switching from Netscape to IE, you also change the extensions to use that browser.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JAVA Windows - Netscape vs IE

Would it hurt to have both .jar files in the classpath?
    My extensions are set up as IE5Dom, Netscape4 enabled and JAVA Application as none. All 3 of those have the java checkbox checked. Do I need to set up an extension option for JAVA Application?