SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PDF Version of Silk Documentation

Does anyone have the PDF version of "Testing Web Applications with SilkTest"? It does not appear to be installed with the other documentation.

Thanks,
    Tom

------------------
    Tom Montoya
    Sr. Quality Assurance Anaylst
    IPNet Solutions
    Tom Montoya
    IPNet Solutions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: PDF Version of Silk Documentation

Have you tried segue.com? I think that there is a documentation download section there.

John.
    John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Documentation download section of Segue.com only has the User Guide and the 4Test language reference in PDF. Also, the Install Guide is available. Seems odd that the other docs are not available in PDF.

------------------
    Tom Montoya
    IPNet Solutions
    Tom Montoya
    IPNet Solutions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a .zip file in my personal stash area where I store downloads, under Silk 5.0.1. I actually obtained this copy exactly one year ago today (coincidence?) as part of getting myself setup at a new job. I'm positive it came from Segue's downloads area.

I have already e-mailed the file directly to tmontoya.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since my posting yesterday I have received several direct e-mail requests for this file. The one I send tmontoya was from my personal stash of SilkTest 5.0.1 files. You can get the 5.0.3 version from Segue's downloads area for SilkTest 5.0.3, the file is named STTutorial_web503.zip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, since yesterday's posting I am still getting requests for the 5.0.1 version of the file from folks who have not upgraded past 5.0.1. Here's the thing. It's simply not right for anyone other than Segue to be distributing Segue files. We all make a living on software and support documents that are sold for revenues to pay our wages. I know it's only a tutorial file that's virtually useless without SilkTest, but it's not my file to distribute. So ... (a) I have e-mailed Segue Customer Service requesting that they bring back the SilkTest 5.0 and 5.0.1 files in their web site Downloads area. If you need those files you might want to do the same. (b) And I cannot distribute this file to anyone else. Sorry.