SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running remote agent on Win98

I have a remote agent in win98 and spawning my tests from winnt machine. It gets stuck while opening ie, it just waits for window to exist. I do have same extensions on both the machines.
    Pls Note : I have silktest version 5.0.3.2 but the agent on win98 is 5.0.3

Help ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Running remote agent on Win98

The first thing you should do is to uninstall the Agent on the target machine and install the agent which is the same version as the main silktest app. This might sort it out.
    But I remember having exactly the same problem a while ago (on W98 and W95); the script would just stop at the Exists() call - even though the window it was waiting for had appeared (and matched the caption etc.) almost immediately, the script would just not notice.
    This problem just caused us to abandon testing on W98 and W95 at the time - then a bit later we tried again, and the problem wasn't occurring anymore. No idea why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Running remote agent on Win98

I was able to fix the problem. You are right I needed the agent to be the same version as the silk, the problem was when I ran the patch for 5.0.3.2 on that agent it aborted with an error cause it could not find the other silk files, even though it upgraded my agent. After that the problem went away.