SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot View Properties of ActiveX Control

I am working with an ActiveX control inside of a browser. There is a problem viewing the properties of this control. Even when I try to map a custom class it does not really map it. When I try to re-record the Win. Dec. it is going back to being recognized as a custom control. And these controls are buttons, toolbars, etc. I have tried several ways to get this to work and do have Silk setup to use ActiveX. I'm using version 5.03.2 but have seen this with all versions of Silk. I would like to somehow get this to work without reverting to use a graphics mapping solution.

Is there a way I could talk to the DLLs without the extension kit?

Thanks,
    Brian-

"The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Einstein

[This message has been edited by bman (edited 03-05-2001).]

rg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cannot View Properties of ActiveX Control

Make sure you have ActiveX checked against IE in both the Extensions Enabler and under Options/Extensions. Then you can bring up the Record Class tool and "teach" SilkTest the methods and properties of this object. Look for ActiveX in the online help.