SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internationalizing multitags

I just started using Silk Test 5.0. I have declared my windows. Now I want to internationalize my tags. I have figured out how to replace a tag with a string variable, but when I replace a multitag with a string variable I receive a compile error. Is there any way I can replace the first tag of a multitag with a string variable?

------------------
    Heidi
    Heidi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Internationalizing multitags

When you use multitag, try to declare your STRINGs as (CONST STRING)

Example:

const string sFoo = "My Window Caption"

window Browser ChildMyMainWindowCaption
    multitag "My Main Window Caption"
    sFoo

------------------

Re: Internationalizing multitags

Try using the "tag" statement instead of "multitag". The tag statement will accept expressions (in case you want to use more that just constant values). For example:

STRING Foo()
    return "foo tag"

window DialogBox FooDlg
    tag Foo()

Still need multiple tags? Try this:

STRING FooEnglish()
    return "foo English tag"

STRING FooFrench()
    return "foo French tag"

window DialogBox FooDlg
    tag "{FooEnglish()}|{FooFrench()}"

Also, if you are testing localized versions of you software, it would probably be a good idea to use window IDs in the tag whenever possible (as opposed to caption text). It has been my experience that the window ID stays constant among the localized versions. Obviously the caption text will almost always change. If you only use caption text were it is absolutely necessary, then the maintenance of adding support for a new language is not as extensive.