SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[More] Object [Non]-recognition

Well, I know this comes up as a topic often enough, so maybe there's enough expertise in this forum to solve my problem:
    I was attempting to write test scripts to an application that was launched on a server, via a URL. I was able to launch the browser (IE4.0) and the application without incident. The problem occurred when I attempted to record actions on the application itself. Silktest recognized the app as ONE abject, basically: a Main Window. The application GUI was functrioning normally: all the pushbuttons, pop-downs working as expected. My recorded actions, however, were coming up as simply coordinate clicks within the one object that Silk was calling the app. What am I missing? I'm thinking that maybe I should do a set-up for a single remote application. If that is the case, then I need the agent name on the server as well as the machine name, but what do I do with that information? Where on the 'Options\runtime' window is this information relevant? (Actually, how do I get the agent name on the server to show up in the 'Agent Name' pulldown in the 'Options\runtime' window?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [More] Object [Non]-recognition

We'll need a littel more info about your environment - operating systems, development language for your app, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [More] Object [Non]-recognition

Lack of Citrix server support ended up being the problem. Still searching for a workaround...