User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why SilkTest does not reconise objects?

Hi to everybody!
    Please can you help me to make it clearly. I am testing web application (it is created with ASP, JavaScript and Visual Basic). Silk does not recognize at all or recognize differently some objects on the window. For example Silk assigns different index or captions to the textbox. I tried to identify the correct index or caption with the help of window declaration, but each time it is show different results.
    May be somebody knows how to solve this problem. Thank in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Why SilkTest does not reconise objects?

Have you enabled Visual Basic support in SilkTest? Is SilkTest recording any objects as CustomWin? If so, then this would explain why some index values don't match what you are expecting. I think you need to provide more details on your problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Why SilkTest does not reconise objects?

First of all, use index only as a last resort. The index may change depending on how a page loads at different times, and sometimes it will change if a page refreshes. I recoment using the text tag ("abc"), then the previous text tag ("^abc") and then the window id tag ("$txtWhatEver").

There can be many reasons why the index may fail, and why you may not be seeing objects as you would expect. I think that most likely it is a setup problem, then a tagging problem. When you have these kinds of problem it is very helpfull on the board if you specify OS (exact version and service pack), Browser Type and exact version, language (if an exe file is being tested) and SilkTest version.