SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To record Include frame

This is in continuation of the question I posted Yesterday, as I can't modify the question, I am opening the same in another way, My question is very simple, when I use the gmo.inc and do the testing as explained on page 22 of the "Testing Web Applications with SilkTest" tutorial", the window field reads (p-24) as given here, Now I want to record my own frame and when used it reads differently, ultimately test case fails.Can I get some help please....
    Further, The question I asked is not clear, I am practicing the silktest on the GMO online web application, when I use the gmo.inc file to record and run a test case it is doing good and if I create my own frame file and follow the same test procedure, I would say I am just creating my own frame file and taking every care like changing the extension and all other option item I do have to change..for a perticular browser..Why am I not able to create my own frame file and run the test cases on the GMO application only*.

[This message has been edited by Ashok Kulkarni (edited 07-21-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Ashok Kulkarni (edited 07-21-1999).]
    Ashok Kulkarni
    QA Consultant

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: To record Include frame

To modify your post you can either register which gives you ability to modify as well as receive a notification email when sombody replies to your post, or you can post a follow-up reply.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now for a real reply:

I still cannot understand what you need? Are you trying to create a new frame file for your application? or a new one for GMO Online? What exactly is the problem? Are you not able to create the frame? If so, you need to make sure that Silk is setup correctly. make sure that the browser you are using has the extension selected in the runtime options.

Also you can post code to this forum if you're having problems with it by using the following method:

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I understand what you are asking. I think that the problem you are having is that silktest is refferencing the GMOO.INC file that Segue provided and not the one you created. If that is the case then you need to go into the Options/Runtime dialog and make sure that your new frame and not the provided frame is being refferenced in the 'use files' textfield. I would also check to make sure that there isn't a 'Use' statement in either the *.t file or the *.inc file for GMO that points to GMO.INC.