SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menu sometimes not found

For some reason, it can't find the menu.
    It seems to fail 1 out of 10 times.
    I have a long timeout, so that is not the issue.

my code:

JavaMainWin("#1").SetActive ()
    JavaMainWin "#1").JavaJFCMenu "Admin").JavaJFCMenuItem("Authorize Admin").Pick ()

error:

JavaMainWin("#1").JavaJFCMenu("Admin").JavaJFCMenu Item("Authorize Admin").Pick ()

*** Error: Window '[JavaJFCMenu]Admin' was not found
    Occurred in Pick
    Called from JavaMainWin("#1").JavaJFCMenu("Admin").JavaJFCMenu Item("Authorize Admin")::Pick at extend\javaex.inc(364)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Menu sometimes not found

What your seeing is normal.
    Write a simple wrapper function or overide the pick to keep trying if the pick failed with the control being WHAT the menu does (ie., look for a window to exist, like FILE/-->OPEN would keep tring to pick the OPEN item until the OPEN FILE dialog exists.) Of coarse try a finite amount of times with small delay between the picks.
    There are many other variations to this, but this is the one that has worked best for me.
    Anthony Pontoriero

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this will work.

I already have a 60 second timeout.The application launches in less than 10 seconds. The first script line after launch is the Pick (). It keeps trying for 60 seconds but does not find the menu.

And why do you consider this "normal"?

This looks to be a Silk bug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you, It looks like a bug.

Try this before the pick()
    "Listprint ( JavaMainWin("#1").GetChildren(true, false))" to see which children exist under your main application and compare with your .inc file if it's the same.

-Denis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you really think this is a bug in SilkTest, it would be nice, if you have not done so, if you can submit this to Segue so it does not show up again in the next version!!!

You may get lots of "work-arounds" here by posting your problem(s) but, we will all see the same problem(s) in the future if they don't get reported and fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have reported the bug today to Segue.Case ID Number 34025. Hopefully they will fix that ASAP.

-Denis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A software problem is something that generally always happens. This happens SOMETIMES (10%). Anyhow, I suggest you try the workaround because I have had success with getting around that problem. I have many OPEN bug issues with Segue which in the world that I am in cannot wait to be fixed.

In other words go ahead and report it because it will make a better product (I believe in that 100%).
    Good Luck,
    Tony