SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scheduling SilkTest runs?

I'm looking for a shareware scheduling program that will enable me to run a SilkTest script periodically using "partner -r scriptname.t" on the command line. Can anyone make a recommendation? Basically it needs to be something like the Scheduled Task Wizard for NT, but with the option to run more frequently than once a day--say, every N minutes.

(I've been running this particular SilkTest script every half-hour for six months using SilkRealizer, but I've found SilkRealizer to be inadequate for several reasons. I think a simpler cronjob-type thing is all I really need.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Scheduling SilkTest runs?

You might want to check out something like LaunchPad. This has the options you are looking for, at least as far as I can tell. Look here: http://www.cypressnet.com/Products/L...d/LaunchPd.htm

You might also want to consider just writing your own simple application in Visual Basic that does what you need. But the time you spend might not be worth the $30 you can get LaunchPad for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can run the NT Task Schedule in intervals of every minutes if you want (or anything above that no seconds scheduling here)

Here is how you do it with NT Task Scheduler:

1. Set the task to run daily and everyday (or whatever you want)
    2. Open the Advanced Properties
    3. Go to the Schedule tab
    4. Select Advanced
    5. Select the Repeat Task checkbox
    6. Set the Repeat Every X [Minutes | Hours]
    7. Set Until Duration 24 hours

This also means that no one needs to install additional software on the system.

Hope this helps

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    555 North Mathilda Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    davidg@icarian.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like you are doing uptime testing.

a third (crusty DOS cmd line hacker method) is to just add a 4test sleep stmt into the .T script and call the script in a 2 line recursive bat file, e.g. mybat.bat with

partner -r -q script.t
    mybat.bat

2 caveats: (1) don't use call statement as you normally would calling bat from a bat. we want the code to continue running in same env space. (2) the -q should be used so partner exits between runs. there is a slow memory leak unless that's since been plugged i last posted here.

one other option is to use a cmd line sleep pgm instead of 4test sleep, then the bat file is 3 lines.

p.s. if you find that sleep is innaccurate as we had a while back, I can dig out an old TmrSleep function that uses the handle to system timer which we found more accurate.

------------------
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mat,
    could you, please give an example how to use a cmd line sleep pgm?
    Also, I would appreciate if you tell about TmrSleep function that uses the handle to system timer. I didn't find in Help.

Olga
    Olga