User Tag List

Thread: Windows Dec

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows Dec

What is the best way to code\program windows dec's. I have record dec on one page that then show up on a different page.

Example the first text box is called name on page 1.

And the first text box is called phone number on page two.

But the both show up as Homepage.Name when I try to identify them using the windows Identifier. How can I make these pages different?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Windows Dec

You can make the 2 pages different by selecting Record/Windows Declarations... for each page and making sure that the window Tags are different. If their Tags are the same, you'll have to find a way (usually a control that exist on one page and not on the other) to make them different (check the Online Help for Related topics on "Tags" or "Tag creation".
    From the way you described your case though, it seems like it is not necessary to create a second window declaration. If the text boxes you have on page 1, page 2 and other pages have the same tag and only the label/caption is changing, you can just use a generic name for it instead of calling it "Name" on one page and "PhoneNumber" on the other page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Windows Dec

Hi Gilbert
    I am involved in dynamic table testing in browsers. I have some problems with the tags.
    1) The first one - I have the same tags for all the pages. So i am not able to use .Exists() method. But i have a workaround for the above problem.

2) If i have a lot of data in my table Silk is not consistent in recognising the contents.For example the first column is recognised as 4th column with some data. So i decided to tag that particular column with a specific gui as follows:
    HtmlColumn MyName
    tag "#1/[HtmlCheckBox]#1"
    "#1"- recognised by silk.
    When i use the GetTag() method for the column i am getting ........[HtmlColumn]#1/[HtmlCheckBox]#1.
    But when i get the contents of the column i am getting nothing.
    If i remove the "[HtmlCheckBox]#1" from the tag i am getting all the contents of that column.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance