Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

SilkTest EOFException (intermittent issue)

Hi,

Seeing a weird error with Silk Test. Most of the time my automated tests run fine but once and awhile the Silk Test connection to the java application I'm testing stops working and therefore can no longer identify the GUI and tests fail.

I have seen this now once when Silk Test tries to launch the application and a second time now after a number of tests it just stopped working. I'm running 4 version of the same java application at once, the other 3 versions have no problems with Silk Test and are still working the 1 version throws an exception.

This is the stack trace I'm seeing on the one that fails:

java.io.EOFException
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.ja va:375)
    at segue.io.XpMsgIn.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at segue.io.EkPro.run(Unknown Source)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at segue.io.XpMsgIn.readInt(Unknown Source)
    at segue.io.QapRequest.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at segue.io.EkPro.run(Unknown Source)

Any help would be great!

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: SilkTest EOFException (intermittent issue)

Questions:-
    <ul type="square">[*] What Silk Test client are you using?[*] What version of Java is being used?[*] What is the underlying technology of the GUI you are testing?[*] Do you have any idea what the script is doing when the error occurs?[/list]
    //*eggbox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Looks like you are using an older version of ST with Classic Agents Java support and Extension Kit (at least from the stacktrace). I would check if you are running the a supported (older) JDK version - the problem might also be in the EK code that your application is built with. However would suggest to try OpenAgent as the old Java extension and EK are somewhat outdated for today's needs.