User Tag List

bjc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

String truncated

I am running into a problem when I try to locate a string that is being read from a file. I am doing the following:

I can see the part of the string that I want to locate when I look at the file lsPS.txt. However, when Silk reads one of the lines that contains the data I'm looking for, the line is not complete. It is being truncated at about 231 chars.

Any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by bjc (edited 02-08-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: String truncated

With my app, my primary data is actual URLs. And we have a series of tests of various lengths of URLs. When I got up past 250 characters in the URL (thus 250 character string length) I started running into truncation issues. The quick-and-dirty approach I took was to split the string itself onto multiple lines in the text file, add BEGIN and END delimiters, read the file into a LIST OF SRING, go through this LIST OF STRING and put the really long string value back together into one piece. Hokey, but it did work.