SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Silk 5.0 e IE 5.0

Hello,
    I've just switch from Netscape to IE5.0. And I can't make it work with Silk.
    I disabled all the extensions in the Extension Enabler ( just enabled IE-5.0) under the Start Menu...
    I disabled all the extensions in Options-Extensions in Silk just enabling the ie5.0 extension.... The Java Plug in is disabled but later i'll have to turn it on.

Anyway, while setting the default base state i have the folowing error:
    *** Error: Window '[PushButton]View' was not found
    Occurred in IsChecked
    Called from Explorer.SetRequiredOptions at extend\explorer.inc(503)

Why does Silk think that the object "View" is a pushbuttom ??

Any ideias.....???

Tks,

Mauro

Re: Silk 5.0 e IE 5.0

Mauro:

SilkTest "thinks" that the View menu item is a pushbutton because menus in IE 4 and 5 are implemented using the newer "CoolBar" toolbar object. If you compare the menus in IE4 or 5 to the menus in Silk, you'll notice the difference.

The problem that you are seeing with Silk failing to find the View object is due to errors in the Explorer.INC and Browser.INC files. Here's how I fixed the problem:

1.) Search through the Explorer.INC file for every reference to the "explorer4_or_5" BROWSERTYPE.

2.) You will need to create separate tags for explorer4 AND explorer5 BROWSERTYPES. Refer to the example below:

EXAMPLE:
    -- CHANGE THIS:
    explorer4_or_5 tag "[PushButton]View"

-- TO THIS:
    explorer4 tag "[PushButton]View"
    explorer5 tag "[WorkerA]#1/[PushButton]View"

3.) You will need to modify tags for the Back, Forward, Home, and Reload buttons, and the Location combobox in Browser.INC as well. The buttons should be changed to:

PushButton Back
    !explorer5 tag "Back"
    explorer5 tag "[WorkerA]#1/[PushButton]Back"
    PushButton Forward
    !explorer5 tag "Forward"
    explorer5 tag "[WorkerA]#1/[PushButton]Forward"
    PushButton Home
    !explorer5 tag "Home"
    explorer5 tag "[WorkerA]#1/[PushButton]Home"
    PushButton Reload
    netscape tag "Reload"
    explorer3, explorer4 tag "Refresh"
    explorer5 tag "[WorkerA]#1/[PushButton]Refresh"

The combobox should be changed to:

ComboBox Location
    netscape tag "$25000"
    explorer3 tag "#1"
    explorer4 multitag "$41477"
    "#1"
    explorer5 tag "[WorkerA]#1/[ComboBox]$41477"

----

Obviously Segue needs to do a better job of testing their products, instead of using their customers as beta testers. I hope this helps.

Tony Mrozinski
    Intel Corporation

Re: Silk 5.0 e IE 5.0

Thanks for your help.

But I think I've found a simpler solution
    In Silk- Options - Class Map you have to add the following line:

Custom Class : WorkerA
    Standard Class: Ignore

Silk Support gave me that solution, and it this problem is gone... ( i still have others....heheh)... What i mean is that ie5 is recognized fine,
    but when I was playing with Netscape i needed to change some Browser options.... And now, i am having problems with that....

Im gonna post it as another Topic soon..

Mauro