User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JSplitPane window not found

I recorded a simple testcase of clicking on A JFCPushbutton. It played back OK.

Now when I play back exact same script , I get an error:

Window '[javax.swing.JSplitPane]$javax.swing.JSplitPane' was not found.

Sorry, I know nothing about Java.
    But as I've gathered here, certain Java objects should be automatically ignored. Does this "JSplitPane" fall into that category? What do those brackets and $ sign mean?

Also, is there any way I can force it to not look for that "JSplitPane"? Simply click on the button and not look for anything else?

code:

Administrator.JavaxSwingJSplitPane.JavaJFCChildWin ("Manage").JavaxSwingJSplitPane("#1").JavaJFCPushB utton("Next").Click ()

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JSplitPane window not found

Not sure this will help you, but make sure the window is active. Insert a line of code before what you have to something like;

Let us know if you continue to have a problem.

-T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"JSplitPane" is NORMALLY ignored, unless you have turned on the "Show All Classes" box, OR
    if you have added it to the list in Javaex.ini.

If you record with "Show All Classes" on, you need to playback with "Show All Classes" on, and vice-versa.

I suggest leaving it off, except for short periods, when you want to see what classes are being ignored. (Remember to turn it off when you are done!).

If there is a class that is being ignored, that you find useful, you can make it NOT be ignored by adding it to the "[CLASSLIST]" section of the file "C:\Program Files\Segue\SilkTest\EXTEND\Javaex.ini"

Example:

[This message has been edited by RobKapteyn (edited 02-05-2001).]
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recorded a new TestCase, but it does not ignore the JSplitPane control.

I turned off "show all classes" in the Record Class dialog.
    I also checked the javaex.ini file and there were no entries for SplitPane.

[-] testcase ShowALLClassOFF ()
    [-] recording
    [-] Administrator.JavaxSwingJSplitPane.JavaJFCChildWin ("1 : Policies Management : internal:??C:?program files?trustpoint_ca?ca?policy_db").SetActive ()

[-] testcase ShowALLClassON ()
    [-] recording
    [ ] Administrator.CustomWin("[javax.swing.JRootPane]#1").CustomWin("[javax.swing.JLayeredPane]#1").CustomWin("[javax.swing.JPanel]#1").CustomWin("[javax.swing.JSplitPane]#1").CustomWin ("[javax.swing.JScrollPane]#1").CustomWin("[javax.swing.JViewport]#1").CustomWin("[javax.swing.JDesktopPane]#1").JavaJFCChildWin("1 : Policies Management : internal:??C:?program files?trustpoint_ca?ca?policy_db").SetActive ()

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T Frothingham:
    Not sure this will help you, but make sure the window is active. Insert a line of code before what you have to something like;

Let us know if you continue to have a problem.

-T
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes , I already have that setactive statement.

It seems to fail randomly. It was working 10 times in a row and then fails with that error. Exact same script !

It's not a timeout issue since the opening screen takes 10 seconds to draw and I have a 60 second Agent timeout.

Ugh.. . If this is the type of random error
    that occurs with this tool , then I'm better
    off manual testing rather than spending my time debugging the tool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off I would also look into Rob's advice a little more, I have heard that ignoring classes works well (it didn't for us, but that is a different story).
    I noticed that you said you ran the script ten times in a row, I'm sure some one can correct me on this if I am off base, but sometimes I have found that restarting the agent or even the app. under test helps. The odd thing is I have only run into this problem when running one or two scripts repetitvely. If I run a suite of scripts everything seems to do well.

Goodluck

-T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raul:

I am tutoring some beginner SilkTesters.
    I have noticed that sometimes they get their SilkTest setup messed
    up in a state that I can't figure out.
    Your situation looks similar.

What I usually make them do is uninstall SilkTest, delete the entire
    Program Files\Segue\SilkTest directory, reboot, reinstall SilkTest 5.03
    (making sure that they answer NO to the testing browsers question),
    reboot, install 5.03.02 patch (important for Java), reboot.

This almost always solves their problem, and it has the added benefit that
    they don't bother me for about an hour
    I wish I knew what settings they were messing with, but I can't figure it out.

Then remember the following:
    The 4Test language and the Agent are the only really essential elements of SilkTest.
    These are the core of SilkTest and they solid and beautifully designed.

Unfortunately, this simple beauty is clouded by a mass of junk that has been added
    by Segue's marketing department in an effort to match "features" with the competition.
    A lot of this stuff is buggy and unstable.
    You need to learn what parts of SilkTest are important and which are useless.
    Stay away from the useless stuff!

-Rob
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RobKapteyn:
    Raul:

I am tutoring some beginner SilkTesters.
    I have noticed that sometimes they get their SilkTest setup messed
    up in a state that I can't figure out.
    Your situation looks similar.

What I usually make them do is uninstall SilkTest, delete the entire
    Program Files\Segue\SilkTest directory, reboot, reinstall SilkTest 5.03
    (making sure that they answer NO to the testing browsers question),
    reboot, install 5.03.02 patch (important for Java), reboot.

-Rob
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I re-started SilkTest and it works OK for now. I'm assuming this reinstall solution is only when script continually fails?

Also, what is the difference between choosing YES/NO for "testing browser?" SilkTest installation question?

During install, I think I chose "No" for this
    question.

But I think I may need to do some browser testing in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes,
    Before a re-install, try restarting SilkTest and then try rebooting the computer.
    I assumed that you had a persistant problem.

I have not done a lot of Web testing yet, so I don't know all of the details about the "browser" question. I just know that it sets some runtime options and that each time you run anything, your default browser starts up.
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you have already tried the obvious things. I occassionally run into a similar problem. The next time that script fails, don't restart anything yet. First, do a Record Identifiers and see if Silk can still see all of the controls on your AUT's window. If "yes" then I can't help you. But if "no" then shutdown and restart your AUT (do NOT shutdown and restart SilkTest) then do Record Identifiers again. If this fixes the problem, meaning that now Silk sees your AUT's controls, then you have the same problem that I have but cannot diagnose so please read on.

I have been able to narrow my situation down enough that it's sortof reproducible but the problem comes and goes with different builds for no known reason. Once I determine that it happens on a certain build then it is very easy to reproduce. In my app I have a dialogbox that displays the Windows directory service domains and users in a treeview format. We have one really huge domain of over 10,000 users. When I try to expand the branch for that domain there's a slight delay while the data crunches then as soon as the API is ready for the next action I find that Silk can no longer "see" the API. I get an error mesasge like you're getting with the JSplitPane control but that's very misleading. Using Record Identifiers I figured out that Silk sees the MainWin and DialogBox controls but nothing on them, much like if I was incorrectly trying to run Silk against a .exe file instead of using the .jar file.

My developers cannot diagnose the root of the problem, other than to guess that maybe it's an NT memory management bug. Here's my take on it. When I first start anything I run the Agent then SilkTest and I let my scripts start my AUT. So when my AUT starts, Silk gathers the API info it needs to be able to manipulate the UI. To do this Silk needs to reserve more space in memory for that API info. I'm guessing that the memory is not really getting dedicated to Silk. This could be a Silk bug or we could be back to it being an NT bug. Anyway, so then when my app later needs a huge chunk of additional memory it ovewrites the memory where Silk had stored the API info it needs for my AUT. Thus Silk cannot see the controls on the windows of my AUT. When I close my AUT all of the memory that the AUT itself had been using is freed up. Silk also no longer has use for the AUT's API info so relinquishes that memory. Then I start my AUT again and Silk reloads (again) the API info it needs. So now I'm to the point where I need Segue to participate in the diagnosis.

I logged this issue with Segue last SEPTEMBER (ticket # 25657) but didn't get anywhere. A few minutes ago I followed-up with Segue via e-mail. If you think yours is the same problem please let me know (pcostigan@websense.com) so we can hopefully work together to find a solution.

PS: About the "testing with browsers?" question ... I suggest you create a separate post because it's a totally different topic.

[This message has been edited by pcostigan (edited 02-09-2001).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast