SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ERROR: HTML property is Read-Only

I'm testing a page that is assembled from .asp pages and there are several HTML items - namely two radio lists - on the page that are recognized by SilkTest as "read-only".

As a result, SilkTest cannot set the value of the radio list. I get the error message shown in the subject line of my post.

The "GetContents" and "FindItem" methods work, but the "Select" method does not. (I've tried using the index number as well as the text. Neither worked.)

I've also tried using the Agent.SetOption(OPT_VERIFY_ENABLED, FALSE) so that SilkTest will ignore the fact that this item is not enabled. This didn't work either.

First of all, if anyone understands how an HTML item becomes read-only, I'd appreciate it. But, does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ERROR: HTML property is Read-Only

Just like to add - what is it that makes SilkTest think an HTML item is "Read-only" or "not Enabled". Is there a certain HTML tag that SilkTest sees and suddenly identifies all items within it as "read-only" or "not enabled"? I'd love to be able to put a simple page together that reproduces this problem, but I haven't been able to do so.