SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Segue’s customer newsletter

Segue’s customer newsletter, segue@work is the one place you can go to find out all the latest happenings around Segue: customer profiles, information about upcoming product releases, QUEST and regional user group meetings, in-depth technical articles and/or tips that will enhance your utilization of Segue’s industry-leading testing solutions, Segue corporate news, technical information from our channel partners, and several regular columns authored by Segue professionals, such as: 4Test and Java Q&A, The Middle Tier, SilkPerformer Corner, and TechTalk. Each quarter Segue’s CEO adds his perspective, too, in a letter written expressly to our readers.
    From our most experienced power users - who have created innovative testing methodologies and techniques - to our own internal consultants, product, and technical experts who have dealt with the toughest testing challenges, we provide information and insights to help you further your own testing knowledge. Read segue@work and gain eConfidence – and e-business success!

segue@work is a really cool newsletter with many contributions by customers, for customers. Visit us at www.segue.com and check us out! Once on our home page, simply click on the newsletter link and you’ll be brought to the current month’s issue. segue@work is published monthly on our Web site and quarterly, in printed form.

How to subscribe electronically:

Send an email to editor@segue.com and in the subject line, type “subscribe”. Please also provide your name, company name, mailing address, phone number, and Segue customer ID# (if known).

How to login to segue@work online:

Username: FIRST word of your company name
    Password: Your customer ID#

You must have a valid maintenance contract to access segue@work.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Segue’s customer newsletter

Softly Terry Softly

Actually I am gratefull to Heidi and any one else from Segue that do take an interest in this forum. That is my vote and I am sticking to it!

I am also gratefull to Terry's contributions, past, present and future. So I am kind of in the middle.

All I can say is Hiedi has given us all another medium to referance and even, write to, as well as encouragment. If she has a fault (don't we all) it may be that she is a tad over enthusiastic. Is that so horrid really?

So my apologies Heidi for another crusty collegue in the QA trenches. We are an odd misunderstood group. I have found (strangely enough) that the more Developers who hate you (this is from over 10 years in QA) the better QA tends to be doing it's job.

This sometimes makes one unsociable and down right nasty (like a code cop). Please Terry (or should I say Von Helsink) "can't we all just get along"?? Also keep in mind Hiedi that I am sticking my neck out, Terry is a 5 star General, I am a lowly 3 star .. (like Blood and Guts Patton).

Shame on you Terry be nice to the Lady from Segue!!

------------------
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer
    mailto:rick_weth@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by rick_weth (edited 06-24-2001).]
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newsletter should contain information that ppl are concerned about mostly. The following should be good topics.

WorkArounds for the popular problems of the month Keep us in touch with progress of major bugs. Read post and keep note

Advanced technique(I mean advanced). If no one wants to write about it, some Dev in Silk should. Show us how dedicated you are! The purpose is to demonstrate the power of SilkTest. Example: In depth coverage of how to write an java program that interact with Silk, with InvokeJava(). What's all about these hidden function in Silk5.032(GetPageSource, ExecLine,ExecScript,GetImages,GetLinks,GetMaps) that are features of Silk5.5; Explain these features.

I don't understand why putting more resources for customers is depriving $$$ for segue! If that is not the issue then Segue need major restructuring:P

-0------------------0-

I think Segue's NewsLetter is very useful. Except they should start to catalogue their newsletters into meaningful sections.

LIke: Q/A , Editorial , Special Topics, Tips...So you can browser different parts from all past issues specifically.

It's a pain to start browsing every single newsletter to find something. Find does not always get what you want.

You have to expose your information if you want help ppl(another way to make customer happy)

--Good constructive rant -- Segue should have an online complain/suggestion forum.

Why Silk doesn't fix that PopupList problem when using DOM???? Patch needed, when was the last patch?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read July's column & there was some good stuff in there.... I particulary liked the use of the @ operator written by Brian LeSuer. (it would be nice if a writeup similar to this was added to the SilkTest help)
    Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check the may newsletter

QUEST 2001: Connect with a Greater Power!
    QUEST happened last month! Check out the actual presentations.
    http://customers.segue.com/protected...wsletter/0105/

------------------