SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Automatic generation of tests with SilkTest

Does anyone know about a tool that you can use with SilkTest to automatically walk through the GUI and generate tests?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Automatic generation of tests with SilkTest

GO! used to be that tool (for Windows apps not Web apps) that you are looking for. (This tool is not supported any longer.)

However, if you have the rights to go to Segue's Download area, you should be able to download a version of GO! from there. It's very easy to use and it still works!!!. Just keep in mind that if you run into any problem with it, you're on your own as again -- it is not supported.

[This message has been edited by Gilbert (edited 02-02-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your replys. I guess I will have to wait for Segue to support that feature.

Young-Mee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back when QA Partner was a separate product from Silk, GO! did what you're looking for with QA Partner (client apps) and SURF! was the companion tool for SIlk (browser apps). Both were sold as add-ins (more $) to the primary product.

Segue stopped supporting GO! and SURF!a couple of years ago, right around the time that QA Partern and SilkTest were rolled into one product along with the DB_* functionality (that used to be an add-in too - called dbTester). At the time there was a promise that some 3rd party company would be picking up support of the highly valuable GO! and SURF! tools but I and many others are still waiting to see that happen.

I used GO! on my PowerBuilder app about 4 years ago and was absolutely in high heaven with the time it saved me.