User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handling a status dialog box

Hi everyone,

Has anybody developed a solution for handling a changing dialog box like a status bar type box? I'm specifically running into problems when checking a dialog box that appears and shows the status of a file download.

If the box's caption and properties were static, I could easily verify that the box appears (download starts) then that the box has disappears (download finished). But because the caption contains the percentage complete, the dialog always changes. Trying to capture "Windows Declerations" on this doesn't seem to work.

My current solution works for the most part, but still hangs up quite often. It's like this:
    Advice, anyone? Thanks!

Erich

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Handling a status dialog box

Why don't you just use one loop waiting for it to reach 100% or Complete?

I have had similar problems and what I do is catch the cursor state in NT. I wrote a function where I pass the state I want to wait during to it. When that cursor goes away I continue my code. It works great in NT when you pause for about 1/10 to 3 seconds before you run it and pass the APPSTARTING cursor type to it.

You have to keep in mind that on very fast machines Silk will check for the state and move on before the cursor even has a chance to change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try replacing the % complete number with a star.

DialogBox("(*% Complete) {sFileToDownload}pf.wma"

Of course I could be talking rubbish.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you could just use *complete* and manualy declare the the dialog box like this

Or something like that (i'm just doing it off the top of my head).

The Function I was talking about is: