SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listing of Agent Options and HtmlTables again!!!

Hi folks,
    I'm using Silk 5.0.3.1 (tried to upgrade to 5032 but was running into the HTMLPushButton problem that others seem to have had and am sticking with 5031 for now)and trying to get Silk to extract every bit of text from dynamic Html Tables and put it into a list of string for verification purposes. I have to use VO unfortunately so my tables are getting parsed differently depending upon what's in them.

1) I have used the set of Agent option settings that been posted on these boards a couple of times, that tell the Agent not to see any HtmlTables. They are as follows:

[ ] BrowserPage.SetUserOption ("TableRealRects", TRUE, USEROPT_DEFAULT)
    [ ] BrowserPage.SetUserOption ("TableLineRects", FALSE, USEROPT_DEFAULT)
    [ ] BrowserPage.SetUserOption ("RecognizeTextTables", FALSE, USEROPT_DEFAULT)
    [ ] BrowserPage.SetUserOption ("RecognizeCellTables", FALSE, USEROPT_DEFAULT)
    [ ] BrowserPage.SetUserOption ("GroupTables", FALSE, USEROPT_DEFAULT)

I have been using this setting as well as:

[ ] BrowserPage.SetUserOption ("JoinStackedText", FALSE, USEROPT_DEFAULT)

with

[ ] LIST OF STRING lsContents
    [ ] lsContents = BrowserPage.GetContents()

to attempt to get all text in the table. Unfortunately currently I'm getting just the window class and the index of most objects in this table (half of the cells in table are links).
    Example:
    [ ] [HtmlText]#162
    [ ] [HtmlText]#163
    [ ] [HtmlText]#164
    [ ] [HtmlLink]#129
    [ ] [HtmlText]#165
    [ ] [HtmlText]#166
    [ ] [HtmlLink]#130
    [ ] [HtmlLink]#131

One alternative I guess would be to go through the entire page with GetText() but I was hoping that some tweaking of the Agent Options might solve the problem. Any thoughts?

2) Another, broader question is where do you folks get a complete list and description of these Agent settings? I can't find them in the documentation and they are only sporadically mentioned on qaforums. If one can tweak these settings, a lot of the problems I have been having with Silk would not occur.

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

[This message has been edited by MichaelH (edited 01-23-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Listing of Agent Options and HtmlTables again!!!

Well folks, I've found a solution for the first problem I was having. I rem-out the tables using the function as above, then I use GetChildren() and then I use a "for each" loop to GetCaption or GetFullCaption (depending upon the winclass of the object). I then compile a list of string of the winclasses and texts that I have extracted.

I am however, still looking for a listing of these "hidden" Agent option settings.. Does anybody know where to find them?

TIA,
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mike

I did try out the function for making silk not seeing the tables. But I am getting a Dr. Watson error. Do I need to change some other setting. I just added it as a function in my .t file. and i am calling it in a testcase..
    Please let me know if you have any answer.

Thanks

Sandeep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sandeep,
    I don't think that they're related. I have had no OS-related problems running this function in 5.0.3.1. You may want to look into your installation of Windows or Silk. Just in case it is any help to you, I'm running W2K 5.00.2195 SP1.
    Michael