SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HtmlPopuplist larger than screen

I'm getting the following message when I select one of the items in the popuplist:
    [ ] *** Error: Mouse coordinate (1233,636) is off the screen
    [ ] Occurred in Select

for example: One of the short items in the popuplist is:
    "RC172007 Small Cisco: Cisco 1720, 48M DRAM, 16M FLASH, 1-10/100 Ethernet, 2 Serials, 2 Async/Sync Serials (includes 19"" Rack mount kit)"

My problem is that when you click on this popuplist, it is larger(wider) than the screen and you have to hold your mouse over the list so that it scrolls to the left in order to read it.

Recording it just shows the select of the item OK, but I cannot rerun it. Scripting some logic into the select doesn't seem to work.

I have tried to scrolllToMax() on Horiz scrollbar to see it all and then select the item, However, when I try to select the item, whether by the actual name or by item number, I get the above message.

I have also tried scrollintoview() on this page, but no matter what I do, part of the list is off the screen and I always get an exception.
    I can GetContents() with no problem, I have tried a for each loop and get a match, but the select still fails.

I wanted to avoid using x,y coordinates for clicking on the screen to make this independent of screen configuration. but...

Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HtmlPopuplist larger than screen

Here is what I did to fix the problem. Go to your options menu and select Agent... Then click on the verification tab and deselect the option that says Verify that coordinates passed to a method are inside the window and verify that windows are exposed. I hope that this helps you.
    Natasha Bykhovsky
    QA Engineer
    Octopus Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried your suggestion including any and all combinations thereof. Unfortunately, that did not solve my problem.
    I also tried selecting and deselecting some of the 'Other' Agent options having to do with scrolling and pick, but that also did not solve the problem.
    I made a simple workaround for the time being using a .typekeys ("X" )into the list, then click on Enter key to save my entry. It's not quite right, but it gets me through this particular data entry.

But I will need to look into this further as time permits.
    thanks

[This message has been edited by janek (edited 01-24-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try removing the coordinates from the Click or Select Statement, they aren't required and may be causing the problem. Also if you can keep unique identifiers by doing so, wildcard the end of the text tag so that SILK doesn't need to see the whole line to recognise it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick fix:

Change the monitor resolution, higher resolution, on the PC running the testcase.
    Majdi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    Try this code and I hope it will work. Add this before verify statement. (Ctrl-End) and (Ctrl-Home).
    SetPageActive ()
    BrowserPage.TypeKeys ("<Ctrl-End>")
    BrowserPage.TypeKeys ("<Ctrl-Home>")

[This message has been edited by PalS (edited 01-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by PalS (edited 01-24-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your suggestions.
    the solution I finally used was to use 'TypeKeys' instead of 'select' for
    just the first portion of the popuplist that was unique (in this case approx 10 chars), then immediately following I added a '...TypeKeys("<Tab>")' to seal the deal....
    this works just fine and I don't have to change the display size. (..Typekeys("<Enter>") worked also)