SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window Identifiers and DOM

I am using Silk Test 5.0.3, DOM and IE5.

I have two issues that relate to each other:

1) When I am recording Window Declarations for the application we are testing, I need to modify the domex.ini file so that Silk will recognize the objects that appear in a Borderless Table. I set ShowBorderlessTables = 1 in the domex.ini file and am then able to get the Window Declarations for these objects.

After compiling everything, I then use Window Identifiers to verify that Silk sees the objects as I have declared them. However, Silk does not recognize these objects at all (the ones that I needed to set the BorderlessTables to 1).

Is anybody else having problems with silk recognizing objects through declarations but then not recognizing them when you use Window Identifiers? I have tried turning off the options set and that didn't make a difference. I have also verified that the object found through Window Declarations was properly recorded in the Declarations file. But still no luck seeing these objects through Window Identifiers.

2) Also, after changing the ShowBorderlessTables from .5 to 1, all the declarations that I did when ShowBorderlessTables = .5 are not appearing correctly in the Window Identifiers window either. I have to change the setting for ShowBorderlessTables back to .5 and then all the ".5" objects I declared show up correctly through Window Identifiers.

Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Window Identifiers and DOM

Two things.

Most declarations you make (for tables)with the show borderless tables set to whatever are going to be bad when you change that setting.

Second, try setting show borderless tables to zero instead of one. I have had most of my problems in Silk with tables because of how they load up and change when they are borderless. I think it is much easier and more stable to take objects out of the table structoure when they are truely borderless.

I'm sure some here will say just the opposite, and I'm sure there are times when forcing everything into tables is needed. I am just giving my observations from the many different projects I have worked on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work with Sandy and tried setting the value to 0. When that is done it doesn't see any objects in the table when the declarations are recorded. It appears 1 is the best setting for the application we are testing because it sees everything when you do the record.

The strange thing (very strange!) is when you paste the declaration into an include file and then try to use window identifiers it doesn't see any of the objects, only the main browser child window??

I've even created a new include file for just a single window declaration. It's seeing pushbuttons during the initial declaration (and it's in the file), but when I hover over the specific objects (pushbuttons) it's not seeing them as pushbuttons, but the main browser child window.

I've also turned off my options set and tried running record window identifiers and you can tell it's not seeing the ojects as pushbuttons.

When changing the setting in the domex.ini file is there any settings in any other files that need to be considered?

Any other suggestions - we are stumped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been activly using 5.03.2 , but I thought it may be in your extentions settings. WOW was I surprised when I found out that you could set the domex value there. The other thing that surprised me was that there are check boxes for what to recognize in a boarderless table and some important things were not selected.

Try looking at these settings. Check everything and see what happens with the record declarations tool.

Email me with a phone number if you want to discuse this. It becomes a topic often here and it seems that no two projects are the same, but the solutions are similar.

Tom