Thread: Web Testing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web Testing

Hi All

I have a problem in testing my web application. I have lots of pages in my application. For ex. lets say there are pages named as page1, page2, page3 etc.
    I am in page1 and clicking on a link which goes to page2. I need to check whether page2 exists or not after clicking the link. How do i do it?I have tried Exists method. It returns true always(i.e if i am in page1 or page2). It happens with IsActive() and IsEnabled() methods.
    Does anyone know the answer to this.
    Please do reply.
    Regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Web Testing

Hi Sandeep,

Have you tried the GetLocation () method, defined for objects of the class BrowserChild?

John.

------------------

John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com
    John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...page2.exists() will return true if in fact it's page1 that exists only if you used the same tags, resolve these conflicts and you should have no problems. also, you can use the SetActive() method which raises an exception then handle it from there.
    john yu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. I have a question. When i record the windows for my web application all of 'em have the same tag.
    Does our changing of the tag manually would work. Because when i tried this the silk records it as the same old tag, irrespective of whatever we ve changed.
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sandeep,
    ...recording is useful only so you know how and what guis silk recognizes in your application, you have to do a lot of editing to clean it up afterwards. For instance, you may have a recorded frame like...
    BrowserChild Page1
    tag "pagetitle|#1|$http:www*"
    the best tag to use would be "pagetitle"(only), and when you record actions against this page Silk should know you're in Page1. However if you have ten other pages having the same title "pagetitle" your only option would be to find a gui that is unique to page and use that for a tag:
    BrowserChild Page1
    tag "/[BrowserChild]pagetitle/HtmlWhatever]WhateversTag/.."
    ...but now recording actions on this page will not record that you're in Page1, again you have to manually edit. SetActive() or Exists() will be resolved at runtime.
    john yu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI John

Thanks for your reply and sorry to bother you again. Is there any way to force silk to see the Index tag also. Because when i record a window, i have two browser childs for the window. But it is not seeing the index tags. I did go to the options and checked the index part and ran the script again. But still it is not able to do it. Please let me know if there is any way around.

Thanks

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sandeep,
    ...you can always manually include "#1" in your tag but if you do so then when you call
    ...Page1.Exists() it will always return true since anywhere you are in your app, even if your not in your app, say your on this page right here, so long as there is one browserchild then that statement will resolve to true and we're back where we started. Index should be avoided, specialy for Browserchild. if you don't care where you are in your app and say...you just want to set the browser command line to go somewherenyou canuse index.
    john yu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sandeep,

Try separating the other BrowserChilds and see if this helps:

window BrowserChild Page1
    tag ...

BrowserChild Page2