SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HtmlRadioList weirdness in 5.0.3.2

I havent been able to find a solution to this problem by searching the previous posts so I'm creating a new thread.. here goes..

I have a rather plain-looking web page loaded up with 2 tables on it (Table1 and Table2). Each of these tables has 3 columns and several rows (first row is column header text).

The first column in each row in each table is a radio button that the user selects depending on which option they wish to choose.

When I use Silktest recorder and get a list of page properties to verify it will usually catch all elements on the page, including the table contents, correctly. I then record a short sequence in which the first radio button in each table is clicked before the user clicks "submit" to continue.

Everything looks fine and the following code is produced:

[ ] BrowserPage.SetActive ()
    [ ] BrowserPage.HtmlTable("#1").HtmlColumn("#1").HtmlR adioList("#1").Select ("#1")
    [ ] BrowserPage.HtmlTable("#2").HtmlColumn("#1").HtmlR adioList("#1").Select ("#1")
    [ ] BrowserPage.HtmlPushButton("Submit|#1").Click ()

I've removed a bit of the extra info (click coordinates, etc)to make it simpler to follow.

Now when I click to run the test it will reach the point where the first radio button is to be selected and it stops.... the complains that *** Error: Window '[HtmlRadioList]#1' was not found

when nothing has changed!

It ran fine the first few times that I tried it, but since then it's been unable to find the radio button to click.

I'm using Win98 and IE 5.5 (no DOM). It's not a complicated process so there's no reason that it should fail. I've been at this 1 error for over an hour now and I'm going nuts! any suggestions would be appreciated...

PS: had anyone else had stupid little problems crop up with 5.0.3.2 or is it just me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HtmlRadioList weirdness in 5.0.3.2

Hi,

Have you checked the Options / Agent / Compatibility - Don't group radio buttons into a list? Ensure that this option is not checked. You can also change this option in your code using,
    Agent.SetOption (OPT_RADIO_LIST, TRUE)

If the problem still exists try putting 'Browser.Reload.Click ()' into the exist code, at the line before the error occurs.

I hope that this helps.

John.

------------------
    -----------------------
    John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com
    John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had the same problem selecting certain items from RadioLists in a BrowserPage with this release of SilkTest. It's a bug for sure, it worked fine in 5.0.3.1. The only way to get around it from what I can tell is to navigate from a control above the RL and move to the selection with TypeKeys(<Tab>) events. It's a little klugy, but it works. A refresh of the BrowserPage will wipe out any other items you have set, so this wouldn't work for me...

Please report to Segue...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok.. a bit of an update..

Thanks to John's post I've discovered that a browser refresh is usually enough to reset Silktest's recognition of the page elements. I have to load the page, reload the page and then call radiolist.select to choose the ones that I want. It's annoying but it seems to work.

I wrote to Segue support to see what they could tell me about some of these pecularities in 5.0.3.2. Their response is below:

//
    SilkTest 5.0.3.2 does not support IE 5.5 with the VO extension . There were
    some problems with VO and IE 5.5 during development of the upgrade and it
    was decided to drop the support for this browser version. This is mentioned
    in the release notes.

Although on the surface 5.0.3.2 would appear to be a small upgrade it is in
    fact quite a large upgrade as can be seen by the size of the file, 16Mb as
    opposed to 0.5Mb for the upgrade to 5.0.3.1.

If you need to test in IE5.5 then you can either downgrade to 5.0.3.1 or
    upgrade to SilkTest 5.5 which is due to be released in mid-February.

I also notice that you are using Windows 98. This needs to be Windows 98
    Second Edition. The first release of this OS is not supported by SilkTest
    due to the shortcomings of this operating system that were fixed in the
    second edition.

David Hankin
    Segue Support
    //

Now this strikes me as a bit odd since quite a lot of their customers will want to be using the latest browser in their testing. I read the release notes and the statement "we dont support IE5.5" wasn't exactly clear.

The good news is that silktest 5.5 is on the way, but I guess we'll have to wait until next month to get it.

Regardless of what they say, I am using 5.0.3.2 and IE 5.5 to run my tests and things arent too bad... there are a few touchy areas but I'm dealing with it.