SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Click() with IE5.5 DOM

Can't even get a simple testcase to work. Typing text into a HtmlTextField records a TypeKeys statement; and clicking the HtmlPushButton doesn't record a Click(). When I manually add the HtmlPushButton Click(), the testcase shows Successful, however, the browser window is at a state that appears as if the button was not depressed.

Can SilkTest5.0.3.2 really be this difficult?
    I started with VO and Netscape, but decided it might be better to use the DOM Extension. I'm on Windows NT 4.0sp5 with active accessibility installed.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by kmkthomas (edited 01-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by kmkthomas (edited 01-17-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Click() with IE5.5 DOM

...if it only "appears" not to be but was actually clicked the there's no problem. you're better of just entering code than using the recorder, for instance i'd rather use SetText() instead of TypeKeys(). Also try upgrading to sp6 or 6a, i beleive i read this in the releasse notes.
    john yu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose "appears" to not work was a bad choice of words. I expected a Click to bring up an entirely different web page. Since I'm not seeing the new Web Page, I'm taking this as a testcase failure -- not a successful run.

A note about SetText vs. TypeKeys. The recorder recorded TypeKeys. Since this was the case, I thought perhaps it was an improvement over SetText. I noticed that SetText is what is used when the VO Extension is enabled. But, I WILL try that and see if I get different results.

Thanks,
    Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kathy
    ...also try using do/except to raise an exception if Click() fails then use DoubleClick() to handle the exception
    john yu