Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QUEST 2001-Segue\'s Annual User Conference

Hello Segue Users!

QUEST 2001 is coming up April 22-25 in Orlando, FL. We are currently in the process of recruiting speakers to present on a variety of technical topics from Silk product-specific ones to infrastructure issues, to customer case studies highlighting best practices for application reliability.
    In addition to the sessions, we will also have our ever-popular Consulting Center, where you can sign up to meet one-on-one with our expert consultants to discuss your testing challenges. The Hands-On Room will offer all the latest versions of our products and a chance to see them all put through their paces. Finally, there are the usual great networking (of the human kind!)opportunities to meet your QA industry colleagues.

For more information or to register, here is a link to our QUEST Web site: http://www.segue.com/html/s_quest200...t2001intro.htm

If you are interested in being considered for
    speaking opportunities, please apply between now and February 15th. Here is a link to the
    Speaker Application Form: http://www.segue.com/html/s_quest200...akers_form.htm

If you have any questions or need any additional information, please let me know (heidig@segue.com). See you in Orlando!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: QUEST 2001-Segue\'s Annual User Conference

I'll be attending, is anyone else here going?
    Steven Tyler
    Manager - Performance Engineering

Kronos Incorporated
    tel: +1 978 947 4219

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there as well

Advice:
    Make sure you book for the entire week since Disney World cannot be seen in less that 4 days There are at least 4 major parks, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center and MGM Studios. Buy a park-hopper ticket! and if my presentation gets boring, go hopping

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there extra just for that, on the front end.

[This message has been edited by styler (edited 02-13-2001).]
    Steven Tyler
    Manager - Performance Engineering

Kronos Incorporated
    tel: +1 978 947 4219

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be presenting...
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QUEST is shaping up to be a terrific conference! I will update you all with content specifics some time next week, once we have decisions made on all of the speakers. We have really received some awesome content on the speaker abstracts that have been submitted. It will be tough to make decisions on who to accept - virtually all of the applications received so far have been really compelling. There will be 48 introductory, intermediate and advanced topics to avail yourself of! All presented by experienced Segue users and our own internal experts.

We'll also have our on-site consulting center available for one-on-one consultations with a Segue consultant. James Soderborg, whom many of you are familiar with, and his staff will be running it. Over in the Hands-On Room, Rohit Gupta and his product managers will be available throughout the conference to demonstrate our latest products for you and answer product-specific questions, too.

Finally, of course, entertainment. We are planning a fun evening at...where else...Disney World!

QUEST attendees always want an opportunity to gain technical/industry knowledge. That is exactly what we are striving to provide you at QUEST. Stay tuned for more info!

Heidi Gilmore
    Segue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.S. Book your flight reservations asap - not only for best price, but flights are filling up due to school vacations, college breaks, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are so lucky.

Any suggestions on how to get the boss to agree to send me?

I'm just a lowly QA Engineer in a team of 5 .
    I have been given the task of driving the automation effort.

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple, I just tell him send me to this conference or I'm going and not coming back... And PS, the automation system will self-destruct if I don't come back

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AJ - LOL, I like your style!

Raul, there are a couple of things that may help you convince your boss. First of all, once we publish the content (on Segue's Web site probably in two weeks and I can give you some sample speaker presentations late next week) your boss will realize what a great investment in knowledge sending you to QUEST is! Secondly, if you are facing any testing challenges that are proving thorny to solve, what would he say to some free consulting advice from Segue's own expert consultants (which is available at QUEST in our on-site consulting center)? Thirdly, if he doesn't procrastinate on the approval, you can also save $200 by registering by March 9. Finally, If he still doesn't see the value after all of this, then it's time to update your resume (just kidding)!

I'll post more info here next week. I think you will see what a great opportunity QUEST will be to really leverage knowledge of testing, in general, and Silk-specific knowledge, as well. Meanwhile, start working on convincing him - you can do it! See you in Orlando! ;o)

Heidi Gilmore
    Segue

[This message has been edited by Heidi Gilmore (edited 02-14-2001).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast