User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

checking to see if a URL has right info in it

Web based
    I have a popuplist which has a list of categories. I use that list to get a count for my variable. I take that variable to go down a list of links that are the same info in the popuplist. But when it starts to go down the list, it wants to capture these three links on the side. Now the way I have to identify these links is by 1)the unique name of the link which could change week to week or 2)by index[#n] which is the way I want but then I end up picking these three links.so what I am doing now is I declare a STRING to capture the URL with GetLocation. Now how do I make my if statement to look at that URL and find out if there is certain text in it. if there is this particular text then click the link else add one to my loop and move on.

Code:
    [ ] INTEGER i
    [ ] INTEGER iFrysCats
    [ ] iFrysCats = BrowserPage.HtmlPopupList("#1").GetItemCount ()
    [-] for i = 2 to iFrysCats
    [ ] INTEGER iCount = -1
    [ ] STRING sLocation
    [ ] STRING sTest = "deptid"
    [ ] STRING sMyString
    [ ] sMyString = BrowserPage.HtmlLink ("#{i}").GetLocation()
    [-] if sMyString.contains.{sTest}.Exists () //<---Here is the problem I think
    [ ] BrowserPage.HtmlLink ("#{i}").Click ()
    [-] else
    [ ] iFrysCats = iFrysCats + 1
    [ ] ResOpenList ("Locations/Department")
    [ ] Print ("{BrowserPage.HtmlLink ("#{i}").GetLocation()}")
    [ ] Print ("{iCount + i}""{BrowserPage.HtmlLink ("#{i}").GetText ()}")
    [ ] ResCloseList ()
    [ ] Browser.Back.Click()

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: checking to see if a URL has right info in it

Well, it looks like it could be a simple syntax problem with your if statement. To check that the sMyString contains a particular text, your if statement should look something like:

if (StrPos(sTest, sMyString) !=0)

This line will search sMyString for the sub-string sTest, and returns the position. If the position returned is 0, then the sub-string was not found. So, in the above statement, if the returned position is not 0, then the sTest was found, and would continue to your Click() code.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: checking to see if a URL has right info in it

Thanks, that was what I needed.