SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

declaring menus&child menus in a customised menu bar

1.How do you use 'SetOption' and 'GetOption' method?How do u refer it?And where do you write it?In a script file or Include file.?And do we have to compile the application everytime we use any Global functions?

2.On a customized menu bar how do you declare the menu items and sub menu items?
    What I have done is:
    a. Declared that customized menu bar(which was not recorded by silktest by default) as a Toolbar by class mapping it.
    b. Manually modifying the declarations by separating each item with this method : #1/(1:2,1:1) where 1 is the default tag generated by the Silktest for the entire customized tool bar and ..(1:2,1:1) 1 item in the col of 2 and row of 1
    c. Is it right?
    d. But I am unable to declare and use the child menus etc?

Require your help.
    Thanks Ritu
    Ritu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: declaring menus&child menus in a customised menu bar

on item #2:
    Sounds like your Menus/submenus have graphics/icons to start with (as with many Delphi apps or similar to MS Word/Excel). If so (for experiment), you can ask your programmer to turn this graphic off temporarily or move the icons/graphics to the end of each menu item caption and you'll see that SilkTest will be able to recognize all the menu items. Otherwise, you may have to use each menu items "index" as tag.
    I don't understand why you have to map menu/child menus to a Toolbar though!?
    Try using the recorder (Record Actions) and see what happens...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1A. There are actual code examples of the sure of GetOption and SetOption in the online help so I'm not sure what you are asking.

1B. You then ask "And do we have to compile the application everytime we use any Global functions?". I don't quite understand. Which application are you referring to (your AUT, SilkTest, your Silk script?) and where are those global functions defined (in a DLL, purely in Silk, within the frame file or outside the frame file?)?

2. Yes, you did the declaration the right way. I have never had an AUT with the features you are talking about so I can't help you with the child menus other than to wonder if there's additional class mapping that you could do (or define your own class) to get access to the methods defined for the Menu class such as Pick. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pcostigan@websense.com:
    1.How can you compile AUT??So my Question was obvious.Once if the Basic doubts are clarified in a non mocking manner,it helps love for the subject atleast for the novice users
    Ritu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pcostigan@websense.com:
    1.How can you compile AUT??So my Question was obvious.Once if the Basic doubts are clarified in a non mocking manner,it helps love for the subject atleast for the novice users
    Ritu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilbert:

The customized toolbar consists of

:--tab strip control(which has icons for various tasks)
    :-Menu bar which has various menus and sub menus to carry out the same tasks of independent icons on tab strip control.

-->It’s a floating menu bar.

-->I am able to declare Menus and refer them in the script but I am unable to declare the submenus and if I am using the ‘record windows’ declarations in the script it fails to identify.

-->When using the window declaration,silktest records the declaration as warning the exact msg is :

:” MenuSelect (624, 408, "#3") not recorded - unable to find target window”.

: “Mouse press not recorded - unable to find target window”

: “Mouse release not recorded - unable to find target window”

-->And the later part of the declaration is simple ,i.e. after the sub menu opens a dialog box

-->I am unable to automate the submenu clicks,

-->Menu/sub menu declarations and usage of applications similar to the menus of applications like M/S Word or paint etc is easier. But in case they are customized and are floating then it’s a little different I feel.

-->When I am declaring it manually, with suitable addition to the tag, its using only the first declared menu and referring the rest with the first menu’s name and the correct tags.

For Eg: Help is the menu bar part of the ToolBar1 which also has a tab strip control bar.

Reporter.ToolBar1.help.MenuSelect (172, 20, "#1")
    Reporter.ToolBar1.help.MenuSelect (77, 13, "#2") ***

At *** instead of help it should have recorded the name corresponding to the tag “#2”

Require your suggestions,
    Thanks,
    Ritu
    Ritu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Recomend manually adding lines into the INC file for the submenus and manually writting the code for the submenu selections. I suspect that you are having problems because the INC file is not solid enough.

BTW you do not need the coordinates of the click for an item, sometimes this even causes an item to not respond to the click.

Also the only way it would pick up Help instead of the name associated with the menuitem is if Help has a tag (in a multitag declaration) that is the same as the correct item. It does not have to be exact, it could be that they are both members of Toolbar1 and have the same index # declared as a tag. Avoid indexes at all cost if possible.

[This message has been edited by woodman (edited 01-16-2001).]