SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Test management by silktest

I have been evaluating silktest and have decided that it has the most powerful language compared to other products I reviewed. Unfortunately the test management side is not as good. technical excellence / script robustness VS test management.

Has anyone integrated a test management tool with silktest, to allow functional, load and any other types of tests to be controlled from a single point of command and to also provide a more user friendly interface.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Test management by silktest

I am not sure what you mean by "Test Management Tool".

Some people would call QAOrganizer a test management tool.
    But you write that it should allow the test to be "controlled from a single
    point of command and to also provide a more user friendly interface."

I believe that SilkPerformer, SilkPilot, and SilkRadar have some of these capabilities.

I do something of the sort with SilkTest itself.
    Since it does have such a powerful programming language, you have a lot of flexibility.
    I run tests with SilkTest on a master computer simultaneously controllling remote agents
    on several client computers.
    By default, SilkTest writes a transcript in its "results" file, but this does
    not keep me informed during a long test simulation.

To solve this problem, I have SilkTest either write messages in a file or post messages
    in a "Notepad" console on the master computer.
    Realtime control can be provided in a similar way, either by putting data in special
    files or by manipulating GUI objects on the master computer that your test can "read"
    from time to time.
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com