SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

q switch closes Silk but not the .res or .t file; how can those be closed??

I've used the q switch to close Silk from a command line prompt, but!!, the results window and the window for the .t being run are not closed so that when we want to run the test again from the command line Silk opens with both the results and .t windows open. This causes a 'already open...view only' message to display.
    Is there any way to close Silk and these windows so that the next test can be run in the same fashion as the first, ie, Silk opens with no pre-existing windows and so starts fresh.
    Seems like Segue should have thought of this with the q switch since it's used via the command line and one would assume that other test would follow.
    Thanks in advance!

Re: q switch closes Silk but not the .res or .t file; how can those be closed??

I guess I don't understand the problem. True, when silktest is run from the command line the results window and script window from the last script are left open when silktest closes. Therefore they are open the next time that SilkTest opens. When a .t file is compiled, however, any results window that may be opened from last time around get shut automatically by SilkTest. So, the 'already open...view only' message box that you mention is probably due to the fact that somebody else has that file open for editing. This could be a problem if you are using the command line on multiple machines all accessing the same network version of the .t file, but should not be a problem if you are simply repeatedly running the command

partner -q test.t

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true

If you have a central network of files this could cause all sorts of issues. I all ways set up QA such that we source safe deliverables (from VSS or some source safe product) and have a local work area.

If that is not the case then this is a very strange problem. I have never had an issue with -q on the command line.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would use the following command in the batch script to remove the window for the script: </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">find /v &quot;&lt;fullpath to file&gt;,&quot; c:\progra~1\segue\silktest\partner.ini &gt;c:\progra~1\segue\silktest\partner.ini</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">. The comma is very important to include in the search string or it may wipe out file history entries. To eliminate the .res window the "fullpath to file" needs to be modified with .res instead of .t. Hopefully, you are using Windows Script Host because changing the extension would not be trivial.

Good luck,
    Andy
    Andy Bachman