SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is Caption info grabbed when recording window declarations?

Hello,

I am using SilkTest 5.0.3.2 to test a website, part of which involves a window that pops up (of class BrowserChild). The first piece of text associated with this window comes up as HtmlText, and the tag associated with it is taken from the Caption portion of "record window declaration". Evidently, in this example the caption turns out to be the first 20 characters or so of the first text you see in the window.

The first part of the HTML associated with this looks like a typical table data setup, with basically just text inside of the td tags.

My question is, what can I insert (hidden so that it doesn't actually appear in the window itself) into the HTML such that "record window declarations" picks it up for the caption (and then associated it with that text) instead of picking up the text listed above?

For me, it's more of a case where I want to add a generic description behind the scenes, instead of the specific text that is dynamically generated when the window comes up. So it seems to be a question of which tags in HTML have precedent in defining "caption" over the text itself. Use Meta tags?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Eric

[This message has been edited by emeiring (edited 01-09-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How is Caption info grabbed when recording window declarations?

How about using HTML comments?

They would appear in the source, but not explicitly in the window that you are looking at.

It Depends.