User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Silk close itself?

Silk gurus!
    I'm running Silk via a command line from a remote machine. Once the script is run I need to have Silk close itself so that the next set of scripts can be run.
    I've looked in the documentation but cannot find out how to do this; is it possible?
    Thanks!

Re: Can Silk close itself?

Use the -q switch. This switch (as well as others) are explained in the SilkTest manuals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you be further clear in this issue

Please...

Baseer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I belive that from the command prompt you should be able to ask Test for help

it might be -h or -?

also check your documentation for info on command line switches. It'll be faster than trying to asking, " so what does -xx switch do with <your application> ". Plus it will show you the other cool things that are available to you, that maybe you just weren't aware of.

When in doubt, read the fine manual.
    It Depends.

It is listed in the User's Guide (page 432 of the copy I use) that in order to have SilkTest close after running a script, the command used at the command line would be:

partner -q [test script.t,suite.s, or plan.pln]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baseer

In your (online documentation or your hard cover) Users Guide there is a section titled
    "Command Line" or "Command Line Syntax".

It goes into the command line (which you refer to in your note, in some detail). For my version of Silk that is chapter 26.

The -q (or q switch) is used for (and I quote):
    "Quits Silk Test after the script, suite or TestPlan completes." Which essentially shuts Silk down after the test finishes.

You really should read that users guide from front to back. I think everyone in the user community tends to gravitate toward the 4TestL Language Referance (I certainly did). But the users guide will help you to understand Silk a good deal more in depth.

Or for people like Scott "it is the secret to becomming a guru". Now the Silk Guru guild is gonna toss me out on my turban!
    I feel like valantine (the rat) in secrets of magic revealed.

[This message has been edited by rick_weth (edited 01-10-2001).]
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer