SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Error: Function BrowserChildRoot::ForceActiveXEnum has not been registered

Backround: SILK opens the content page and gets all of the HtmlLinks on the page. Then it loads each page by loading the html link URL directly into the address bar in the browser (not by clicking on the actual link). It does this for each content object that it found on the initial run through. However, after a while (time varies), it has the error below as part of the LoadPage function.

[ ] *** Error: Function BrowserChildRoot::ForceActiveXEnum has not been registered
    [ ] Occurred in ForceActiveXEnum
    [ ] Called from Browser.OnLoadPage at browser.inc(301)
    [ ] Called from Browser.LoadPage at browser.inc(264)
    [ ] Called from main at interface.t(146)

Any help with this intermitent problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Natasha

Natasha Bykhovsky
    QA Engineer
    Octopus Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Error: Function BrowserChildRoot::ForceActiveXEnum has not been registered

I have gotten that same error and do have a work-around for it but it's a bit of an advanced-level work-around.

I figured out that I only get that error when the browser is currently loaded with an fpt site (versus http). I traced the error to its source in C:\Program Files\Segue\SilkTest\Extend\browsers.inc and edited this file. This is the part that makes it a bit of an advanced thing to do. once you start editing files that are delivered with Silk, you're pretty much stuck having to make sure those edits get onto ALL machines that you run Silk on AND that you re-apply your edits to every new version of Silk. I had no choice.

Initially it was just the one line:
    [ ] explorer4_or_5 @("Explorer").BrowserChild ("#1").ForceActiveXEnum ()

Then I changed it to be this:
    [ ] // When have an ftp site loaded in browser, the following ForceActiveXEnum
    [ ] // line tries for about a minute then raises an exception. Polly 7/14/00
    [-] if (StrPos ("ftp://", Lower (Browser.GetCaption ())) == 0)
    ....[ ] // do not have an ftp site loaded in browser
    ....[ ] explorer4_or_5 @("Explorer").BrowserChild ("#1").ForceActiveXEnum ()

I ended up making a lot of changes in browser.inc to support ftp sites with IE5. I also made some updates to explorer.inc. At one point I did send a copy of my files to Segue Tech Support. As of Silk version 5.0.3.2 none of my enhancements are in their delivered files.

[This message has been edited by pcostigan (edited 01-11-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, the page that I am working with is not an ftp page. It is an http page with nothing too special about it except for the fact that all of the links on it are dynamically generated. Any other information would be much appreciated.

-Natasha
    Natasha Bykhovsky
    QA Engineer
    Octopus Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. So your situation does not involve a ftp page. But if this erroneous error is getting in your way then my work-around for my situation might help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using IE5.5 SP2, win2ksp2, Silk 5.5 HF3

I got the same error message recently
    I believe this is a timing issue. It's weird I have this testcase which worked fine while going step by step in debug mode(painful to do). Then I run by itself, it starts to have exceptions.

My belief is that it might be that your page is locked either because it's already loading something, or an dialog box waiting for response(ex k/cancel window). Just throwing some ideas here. Also sometimes it happens that Silk will fail if your control doesn't exists, and even you do an Exists() function call. I think this is kind of related.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just from top of my head(not very sure) i think you get a similar error if the ActiveX extension is not enabled in both places(externally:Extension enabler; In silk:Options extensions)

------------------
    -gram
    -gram