User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

windows 2k record freeze

All

Has anyone run into the issue where record simply freezes in windows 2k? This really is a re-ocurring headache with Silk! The version I am useing is 5.0.3.

I am reasonably certain Active Desktop is disabled via start -> settings -> Control Panel -> Display - tab-> Web and ensure show web content unchecked. I even reboot!

As usual recording windows definitions, and verification of windows identifiers via record works great! But record testcase or actions freezes up real quick! The only way I have found to regain control is to reboot!!

This happens on two seperate win 2k machines. Any ideas? Anyone else run into this?

[This message has been edited by rick_weth (edited 01-03-2001).]
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: windows 2k record freeze

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rick_weth:
    All

Has anyone run into the issue where record simply freezes in windows 2k? This really is a re-ocurring headache with Silk! The version I am useing is 5.0.3.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rick,

This may have something to do with my question about the freezing treeview manipulation, a topic I posted just earlier. We too are using Win2k and experience "freezes," especially frequently when using an Active X control.

It's not a true "freeze", however, because if I do a ctrl-alt-del to get to the task manager, the computer comes back up just fine, mouse movement is returned, and everything operates as normal, just that Silk has stopped execution of the script.

I upgraded to 5.0.3.2 and experience the same problems. Anybody else have any experience with "freezes" in Win2k? Thanks!!

Erich

We have also encountered the "freezing" problem on Windows 2000 and NT. It happens much more often on Windows 2000. We talked to Segue Tech Support about this, and they acknowledged the problem. Their suggested workaround was to NOT use Windows 2000 for recording actions. There was no information on when and if the problem would be fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Kapin

I was beginning to feel very alone, 20 reboots later! Were there any suggestions for helping on this .. I mean I freeze up AS SOON AS I RECORD!

Major kudos to Segue once again for the brilliant Ostrich algorithm .. don't use windows 2k for recording! Great alternative esp since that is all my company uses.

Is Segue aware that WinRunner with all it's warts records in this platform flawlessly??
    (God I hope someone from Segue reads this!)

[This message has been edited by rick_weth (edited 01-04-2001).]
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer