Hi everyone,

I have a very strange problem that I just can't seem to get around. After having perused the back messages in the discussion board and failing to find anything that helped me solve the issue, I'm writing this message, hoping that someone has perhaps seen the problem I'm experiencing.

Basically, we have an Active X control in a web page that allows for a file transfer from a remote machine to one's local machine. When activated, a popup dialog comes up asking you to select the download folder. This dialog is not the standard "Save" or "Save As" Windows dialog. It has the title "Browse for Folder" and just asks you to navigate through your directory structure until you have selected the folder where you wish the download to save the file.

I'm trying to use SilkTest to automate the file transfer, and Silk just dies when it has anything to do with launching this Treeview dialog. So for instance, when I try and record Actions, if I bring up the dialog Silk does not respond to my clicks inside the dialog. It takes literally minutes for some to come up, and most don't even get recorded.

If I try and just hardcode the actions I want (without recording them) then when I run the script and it gets to that portion of code, the machine freezes (mouse and all) and the only way to regain control is to do a ctrl-alt-del and get to the task manager. It's not the silk is unresponsive at this point in time, it's just frozen, and it takes the ctrl-alt-del to "wake it up."

I know the above description is vague, but I don't know how else to explain the actions that I've seen. I expect that this will either seem very strange and foreign, or someone will know what I'm talking about. The platform I'm running is Win2000, Silktest 5.0.3.

Thanks in advance for any help offered. I appreciate it.

Erich