SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trouble activating browser with 5.0.3.2

Hi... is anyone else having the same little annoying problem that I am?

If you leave IE for a short while (few minutes) and leave it in the background (inactive, or minimised), Silk Test can't re-activate it, i.e. it doesn't get a response from Browser.SetActive or Browser.Restore, etc. The only way to let the script resume is to physically activate IE with the mouse.

I never had this problem before and it has only happened since I upgraded to ST 5.0.3.2. I've checked my agent settings and have got the suggested settings as per the install guide for 5.0.3 when using the DOM extension, i.e. on the verification tab - "...windows are exposed" and "...co-ordinates passed to a method..." are both un-checked.

I am using ST 5.0.3.2 with IE5.01 and DOM extension on Win2K.

It's nothing major as it doesn't affect the normal execution of my scripts, but it is annoying while I'm developing. If anyone else has this problem or knows how to solve it, I'd like to know.

Cheers,

Paul.

[This message has been edited by Beeblemaster (edited 01-02-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Trouble activating browser with 5.0.3.2

I did not have this problem when I evaluated 5.0.3.2. In case it helps to narrow things down, I ran on NT4/SP6a with IE 5.0 and was using Vitual Object (not DOM).