User Tag List

Thread: Drop Down Menus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop Down Menus

When clicking on a field with a drop down menu attached to it some of the fields open the menu and some dont.
    They all work manually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Drop Down Menus

We'll need more info before we can help. What is the operating system (i.e., NT4/SP6a, Win98), browser name and version (i.e., IE 5.0, NS 4.73), SilkTest version (i.e., 5.0.3, 5.0.3.1, 5.0.3.2), development environment (i.e., C/C++, VB, Java, PowerBuilder, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NT 4.0
    silk 5.0.3
    development C

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Chadwick:
    When clicking on a field with a drop down menu attached to it some of the fields open the menu and some dont.
    They all work manually.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ==========

What are the commands you are using ?

What are the window declarations ?

I once had a similar problem a few weeks ago which turned out to be the result of an ambiguity in the window declaration in conjunction with "gettext()" using text strings. Fixed it by using the item index numbers instead of ambiguous text.

[This message has been edited by cradley (edited 12-29-2000).]
    Quality Control Analyst at Syntel Inc
    Project Test Lead for client Daimler Trucks - North America.
    Interested in testing dot net web services and SOA systems.
    Charles F. Radley
    Oregon, USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it could matter a lot...the class of the control that is. This is one of several reasons why the previous user asked you to provide your window decs for us to looks at.

Yes, the Click method should work on all of your classes because it's defined at the AnyWin level and all other classes that you're probably using are inheritted from AnyWin. Then again, if the fields are dropdowns then you really should be using the Select method (unless you're writing script for UI testing of keystrokes).

If the fields are NOT being seen by Silk as dropdowns then that's another whole can of worms that I won't go into until I'm sure that's the direction to go.

PS to other readers: In messages on this forum, it appears that the angle brackets you would put around a Silk key name are being treated as special characters. The result is that a string with angle brackets around the word "down" ends up being displayed as an empty string. That explains the previous pair of postings by Greg.

[This message has been edited by pcostigan (edited 12-29-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just using the item name from the declaration and the Click () function followed by a typekeys ("down") but it cant go down because on some fields the drop down menus are defined differently in the code. All fields with drop down menus work when tried manually but silk test only opens ones declared as a drop down menu, why should it matter?

[This message has been edited by Greg Chadwick (edited 12-29-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just using the item name from the declaration and the Click () function followed by a typekeys ("<down>") but it cant go down because on some fields the drop down menus are defined differently in the code. All fields with drop down menus work when tried manually but silk test only opens ones declared as a drop down menu, why should it matter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silk test is not seeing them as drop downs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. So what class does SIlk think they are? If you provide a snip-it of the window dec it might help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Chadwick:
    silk test is not seeing them as drop downs<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What type of application are you testing ?
    In what code was the AUT writen, and how was it compiled ?
    This will give some clues about issues of custom controls which might involved here.

Quality Control Analyst at Syntel Inc
    Project Test Lead for client Daimler Trucks - North America.
    Interested in testing dot net web services and SOA systems.
    Charles F. Radley
    Oregon, USA.