User Tag List

Thread: QAP and MMC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QAP and MMC

Has anyone tried automating a Microsoft Management Console (MMC 1.1) plug-in application? I am having trouble with selecting
    from the TreeView right mouse PopupList and with the Toolbars which are seen by Spy to be the class ToolbarWindow32. I have
    QAP 4.6.2. Does 5.0 support these toolbars?

Re: QAP and MMC

Automating MMC is very possible with that version of QAP >=4.5.

Instead of right clicking the mouse, you can use MMC's Action menu which you can declare as it's own window. The options in the menu (since they change a lot), you can declare them as many enumerated types.

-AJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually able to use MenuSelect (only documented in online help) to select from the main MMC menus (or Coolbar). I couldn't figure out how to make it select items from secondary menus, though. For example: MMC.Help.MenuSelect("Microsoft on the Web/Product News"). Any other syntax suggestions I should try?

I am still having problems with the snap-in app's menu. It doesn't behave the same and MenuSelect doesn't work on it. Could you give me more info on how you used enumerated types to get to items in the Actions menu?

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can find a QAP solution to many MMC issues in 8/99 issue of Segue.com newsletter.
    Simply go to Segue.com, click on August issue of Newsletter, Enter your Customer Name and Segue ID number.

The article is by John Green (A Senior Consultant)

enjoy.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.