User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INDIA goes SILK !!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

I am very inquisitive to know if there is any company- at all~!!! in INDIA using silk. I am with ASAP solutions in INDIA. We are having a really really tough time out here dealing with silk. This is the first time we are deploying quality assuarance utility on our web application.

Please let me know if anybody is using silk here. Well! we might seek some help with silk from them.

We also want to know if there is any training institute in INDIA who can educate people on silk.

Or if there is any consultant for silk in INDIA.

We also want to know, if segue has some local training center in INDIA.

Thank you!
    Please reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: INDIA goes SILK !!!!!!!!!!

I worked on a project with the GE-Satyam joint venture.
    They use SilkTest.
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

I am from Hyderabad, my email is baseer_siddiqui@yahoo.com I will be very happy if you contact me for any help.

Baseer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We at SNS Technologies have been using Silk for 6 months now and on web-based application.
    We recived our training from "Shreema Software" based at Delhi.

Contact me if you need any help.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gbhat:
    Hello,

I am very inquisitive to know if there is any company- at all~!!! in INDIA using silk. I am with ASAP solutions in INDIA. We are having a really really tough time out here dealing with silk. This is the first time we are deploying quality assuarance utility on our web application.

Please let me know if anybody is using silk here. Well! we might seek some help with silk from them.

We also want to know if there is any training institute in INDIA who can educate people on silk.

Or if there is any consultant for silk in INDIA.

We also want to know, if segue has some local training center in INDIA.

Thank you!
    Please reply.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are using SilkTest for testing both windows as well as web applications. I don’t know about any SilkTest training provided in India. But the following may help you to start with.

1) I suggest you start with reading the SilkTest “tutorial for testing windows applications”. This will guide you through the basics of using SilkTest to test windows applications. (Even if you are testing web application this will still help you understand some basics.)

2) Read the manual “testing web applications”. This manual provides you with the information you need to test Web applications using SilkTest.

3) For details you can go through the User’s Guide.

4) Learning 4Test Language: It will help if you are familiar with OOP. If not then I suggest you take some training in OOP. Then start writing small test scripts using 4TL. Take help from the 4TL reference book.

Hope this helps,

Prasad Patwa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friend,

Nice to know that you guys would like to use silk there. I am from Hyd'bad and worked in Intregraph there. I am training people here (in Silicon Valley US) in Automation tools like Silk and Win Runner.

As a token of gratitude I can help you guys for free. We can have some chat sessions and I can guide you step by step. Contact me if you need any help. Its kinda helping each other in QA community.
    Sree