SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Field in HTML form which is Primary Key of the Data Base table

I am testing an HTML Form, which is connected to the database on server. There is one TextField named UserName on this form which is a primary key in the database table and hence can not be in duplicate.

I have got around 50 different testcases to test this form (which calls for submitting this form to the server).

All my test cases are data driven and I am using List of Records to store and pass data to the testcases.

Problem is only with the UserName TextField where I need to enter different user name for every testcase. Because of this I am not able to run these testcases Unattended.

Is there any way to make even this action DataDriven and can run these testcases unattended?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Field in HTML form which is Primary Key of the Data Base table

It seems to me that you can make UserName data driven and leave it running unattended. I assume you want to run your 50 testcases more than once without having to change the usernames every time.

I see two possibilities:
    1. After running your 50 testcases, run another 50 that will remove the data from the server;
    2. If removing data is not an option, use the "RandStr" function to generate a random string for the user name.

If you use the second possibility you need to remember that you could end up with the same string more than once, so you need to anticipate the error message and possibly back track to the form and generate another random user name.

If you need to access the randomly generated user names, to clean up the database for example, you can write the randomly generated names to a text file. You could also concatenate the random names to an unliquely prefix like "WXYZ" and later do a search on user names with that prefix.

Hope this helps.

Frederick

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prasad:
    I am testing an HTML Form, which is connected to the database on server. There is one TextField named UserName on this form which is a primary key in the database table and hence can not be in duplicate.

I have got around 50 different testcases to test this form (which calls for submitting this form to the server).

All my test cases are data driven and I am using List of Records to store and pass data to the testcases.

Problem is only with the UserName TextField where I need to enter different user name for every testcase. Because of this I am not able to run these testcases Unattended.

Is there any way to make even this action DataDriven and can run these testcases unattended?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>